Thursday, July 28, 2011

Six Sentence Sunday: Karla's Declaration (Masters at Arms)


This scene will need little introduction, because it's the beginning of the exchange. We're in Adam's head and 16-year-old Karla has told Adam there's something very important she has to tell him, but she doesn't want to do it with her extended family watching. (It's Thanksgiving Day.)

She's about to send Master Adam into uncharted waters. The humorous scene that follows makes me laugh every time I read it. And, yes, I can count and it IS 7 sentences. But one is only one word, so I figured you'd cut me some slack.



Karla splayed her gloved hand on his chest, over his heart, and looked up at him with those big sparkling blue eyes surrounded by that God-awful makeup and pink hair. She searched his eyes for a long moment, he didn’t know for what.
Fuck. He felt a niggling at the scar on the back of his neck—always a sign he wasn’t going to want to deal with whatever was incoming. God, he hoped she wasn’t about to say what he thought she was getting ready to lay on him.
“Adam, I l-l-love you.”
Double fucking damn.


Each week, the new listing of Six Sentence Sunday (SSS) reads go live at about 9 a.m. EDT Sunday. A great way to find new authors to follow! Read more SSS blogs at http://www.sixsunday.com/ or follow #sixsunday on Twitter.
 


Kallypso Masters currently is working on a four-book series with MASTERS AT ARMS due out in early August 2011, NOBODY'S ANGEL in late August 2011, NOBODY'S HERO in November 2011, and NOBODY'S PERFECT in February 2012. 


Kally loves to add new friends on Facebook. Or follow her on Twitter

21 comments:

  1. you are SO fucked Adam!!!!

    *looks at Adam*
    What? Don't look at me like that you... You SO know you are....

    *rolls eyes* stupid boy!! *wink, wink*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah...double damn fuck sums things up nicely!
    Can't wait! Great 6.5' LOL!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL...I am so counting the days until I can read your books Kally...they are gonna be awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Kelly, but he's so clueless. He really thinks he's in control--even when she comes back into his life nine years later. *shakes head* Nope, he doesn't stand a chance against Karla.

    Thanks, everyone! Glad you enjoyed it!

    Kally

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL...I can almost see the cringe in my head.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice job. I have loved Mark Harmon since he was in Flamingo Road with Morgan Fairchild (dating myself aren't I?) Fun six.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great six!

    And my daughter has a pic like the one you used for Karla...she wanted to get her hair done like that. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mmmm the plot thickens. What guy can resist pink hair and blue eyes? will be back for more...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw damn, he's trapped. OMG, I'm dying to find out what happens next. Great Six Piece.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are killing me with the Mark Harmon pics. Damn.. Oh yeah....I loved the 6 too. Remember the scene where Gibbs was talking to the Madame and she said, "I bet you like it rough." he answer was, "There's a time and place for everything." He is so perfect for a Dom.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous - I'm withJayel...Mark Harmon has long been a huge crush of mine and I have to say I can imagine him as Master at Arms very well thank you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome six (well, seven) sentences! I loved that he's panicking and that she's determined no matter how nervous she is. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nicely done. Nice tension. Enjoyed it very much.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ah, that sort of uncharted territory. Great six!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great! Lots of tension; realistic response too. Loved your six sentences.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I loved the tension at how he knew what she was about to say. Fab six!

    ReplyDelete
  17. lol, I'm guessing he's not flattered. Great snippet!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks, all! Oh,no, gayleramage. He's scared spitless.

    And now back to putting the finishing touches on the novel before publication! Woot!

    ReplyDelete