Sunday, September 23, 2012

Kally is a New Gramma! (And not getting much work done!)



Meet Erik, Kally's Grandson (born Sept. 22)




My first grandchild, Erik, was a very good boy and waited for Gramma to get at least the first version of HER baby out before he made his appearance into the world Saturday morning. (Yes, there will be lots of hugs and kisses as his reward--as if I needed a reason to reward him.)

Here he is looking up at Gramma. I don't know if the communication is as clear in the still photo, but I can assure you he said, "I love you, Gramma," with his expressive eyes. :)



I just got home from visiting him again at the hospital (although Gramma has gotten herself worn down and has a sinus infection, so I couldn't hold him). But here he is with my son holding his son.




Cleaned-Up Version of Nobody's Perfect--Delayed


As you can imagine, I'm not going to get the cleaned-up version of Nobody's Perfect uploaded this weekend. That also means a delay for the All Romance eBooks and Kobo versions and in sending out review copies. The positive side of being banished from holding Erik, though, is that I'll probably get a little more done in the next couple days while I down lots of OJ and echinacea Ricola.

At the EARLIEST, the new version will be available Wednesday, but I'll be sure to post an announcement here and on Facebook and Twitter when the new files go live at Amazon and Barnes & Noble. They'll be on Smashwords first, of course, just as soon as I finish making revisions. I'll include directions for getting new versions at each place in that announcement.

At this point in the editing, the Prologue has been improved (more active voice), but the action remains the same. The biggest changed I'm aware of needing is to a scene in Chapter 12 that will be made safer by using a St. Andrew's cross and a posture collar. (I changed something I shouldn't have and led to a safety issue, and some readers noticed a couple of the editing issues with that scene, as well.)



Buy Links for Nobody's Perfect

The buy links won't change. For the currently available original version of Nobody's Perfect,  as well as the revised one later this week, go to AmazonSmashwords, and Barnes & Noble

Thanks for your ongoing patience, everyone! 

14 comments:

  1. Congratulations gramma Kally!! Just enjoy your grandson, all of us will still be here :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Stacy, Kally. It's so exciting to be a Gramma. Give my congratulations to your son and DIL. Enjoy baby Erik when you can and take care of your health. We'll still be here when you're ready :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's a handsome little one!!! Congrats to you and your entire family on your new addition!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you feel better soon. You need to get a few of the surgical masks and use some hand sanitizer so you can hold the baby, lol. He is beautiful. Congrats on him being born healthy :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. He is so adorable!!! Just love him- it is a very special time- and don't worry about the editing... I have not purchased the book yet as I want to re-read the first 3... Just get yourself better!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kally he is a doll, feel better, enjoy being a grandma and don't stress!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the new addition to your family! He is adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats! He is a beautiful boy. Be sure to spoil him tons!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations!! Enjoy your grandson when you get to feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a cutie! ��gonna be spoiled by grammy and grandpa ... Enjoy ! Naneemcgee@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful baby boy! Congratulations!
    Sorry to hear you're under the weather. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations to your family on the New Addition! Hope you get better soon.

    Taina Boricua

    ReplyDelete